Tuesday, June 14, 2011

TWD: Chocolate Biscotti



This week’s Tuesdays With Dorie Selection is Chocolate Biscotti. There are a lot of things I bake that I can merely sample a bite or two of and be happy to have others consume the rest. Biscotti is not one of them - I love it! I found this biscotti particularly delicious (though, I admit, I probably say that about most biscotti). The espresso powder and salt really bring out the chocolate flavor; the chunks of chocolate and almonds are also delightful. A lot of biscotti tends to be a bit dry; this one manages to have a nice crunch without being dry. Last week I mentioned that there are certain things I enjoy baking on weeknights, and I would consider biscotti more of a weekend bake. It’s not at all difficult to make, but since it bakes twice and has a rest between them, it’s nice to do when you aren’t in a hurry.



I rated this recipe rated a 9 for Deliciousness (the chewy cookie-loving husband was less enthusiastic) and gave it a 3 for Effort, for an EDR of 3. A big thank you to Jacque of Daisy Lane Cakes for giving me a chance to indulge in one of my favorite treats. You can find the recipe here on her site and visit the TWD site for more crunchy cookies.

10 comments:

Cakelaw said...

I agree that these are a weekend bake - it is too stressful having to bake things twice during limited weeknight hours. Your biscotti look A1 delicious!

Anonymous said...

Your biscotti look wonderful! I loved these, and they definitely aren't overly dry and hard like biscotti can be.

spike. said...

I guess we're opposites- I can resist biscotti. This biscotti, however, was pretty special. I think it was all of the espresso and chocolate!

TeaLady said...

Nope, not a cookie in a hurry. But definitely worth the effort. These were quite tasty, weren't they?

Kathleen said...

These look really delish! Wish a had a couple right now!!!

Unknown said...

Margot, your biscotti look wonderful! I have been on a huge biscotti kick lately -- so happy to know this recipe is a winner! Also glad to know they are not dry...once again, Dorie comes through for us!

Hindy said...

I could eat the whole plateful of these beauties. Yours look lovely!

Leslie said...

They look fantastic! I liked them so much I had to make them again after visiting blogs. Dipping them in bittersweet chocolate really took them to a whole new level.

Unknown said...

I'm the complete opposite - biscotti don't usually do much for me. That said, these were pretty delicious. I found myself nibbling on the end pieces quite a bit :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous biscotti! The perfect balance of chocolate, crunch, and nuttiness.