Tuesday, September 13, 2011

TWD: Classic Brownies


Over the past few years, I have amassed quite a collection of recipes from various blogs and cooking websites. Until recently, these recipes were in a big messy pile, with no semblance of organization. I finally sat down and organized them into three categories and put them in folders, which Josh labeled A, B, and C. Folder A contains recipes that I have made many times (or if they are recent additions, ones I want to make again ASAP) and we really like; Folder B contains recipes that I’ve made and would possibly try again; and Folder C is full of recipes I still need to try. As soon as Josh sampled this week’s Tuesdays With Dorie treat, Classic Brownies, he told me to “put it in the A Group.”



These brownies have a deep chocolate flavor and are nice and fudgy, without being gooey. I also loved that they were a truly one-bowl recipe - awesome! The recipe says that they are best eaten within the two days, and that has not been a problem. I made them on Sunday and they are almost gone. These brownies rated an 8 for Deliciousness and I gave them a 2 for Effort, for an EDR of 4. Many thanks to Anne of Anne Strawberry for selecting this yummy recipe. You can find the recipe here on her site and visit the TWD site to see how they turned out for the other bakers.

9 comments:

Cindy said...

These were a yummy easy recipe to make. Hubby loves frosting--he was out doing yard work so I frosted them with Chocolate Sour Cream Frosting. Delicious.
Have a great week.

Anne said...

I love the recipe classification system and I'm glad you liked these! One bowl recipes are the best (especially when there's chocolate and butter involved!)

Gloria - The Ginger Snap Girl said...

I have yet to find a brownie recipe I really like. I prefer a fudgy brownie so it sounds like I need to give this a try.

Ugh...I know what you mean about recipe organization. It's quite an undertaking. I made an attempt at mine a few months back and ended up with 2 folders. One for savory recipes and one for sweet. That was as far as I got. But I like the idea of isolating the ones to try versus the ones you know you love. I think I need to take another pass at my organization strategy.

Unknown said...

I really need an organization strategy here. Mine is pretty much non-existent :) Like I keep telling myself, one of these days... Glad the brownies were such a big hit! I think I'm in the minority this week, but they just weren't a favorite here.

TeaLady said...

tons of recipes here too. Organized but still stacked high. Yep, these are definite repeats.

Anonymous said...

Yum! Guess I shouldn't have skipped these, especially since they didn't make a ton of dirty dishes.

I always wonder if I should save the recipes I didn't like, so that I don't accidentally make them again, but I think that's going too far in terms of organization.

spike. said...

I like your system! Loved these brownies too. Just about perfect. I could make brownies every week (and eat the entire batch)

Jacque said...

It's hard to beat a good brownie. I agree, these were tasty. Congrats on getting organzied!

Leslie said...

These were great, weren't they? I made them but haven't posted them yet. I hope things slow down for you soon!