Tuesday, September 7, 2010

TWD: Peanut Butter Crisscrosses


Peanut butter, cookies rolled in sugar, and three day weekends are all pretty high on my list of Things That Are Awesome so I was pretty happy to make this week’s Tuesdays With Dorie selection, Peanut Butter Crisscrosses, on Saturday. The recipe called for chopped peanuts, but I used the dregs of a bag of peanut butter chips for the extra peanut component. Since chewy is the preferred cookie texture in this household, I baked the cookies for ten minutes rather than twelve, and they turned out soft and delicious. (Actually, I like crunchy peanut butter cookies, but I wanted to make sure it wasn’t me who consumed the majority of them.) Our dog loves peanut butter, which means I could tell whenever Josh was eating a cookie this weekend: Eloise was trailing around behind him with her ears perked up. I don't think she was lucky enough to have any crumbs thrown her way.



These cookies rated an 8 for Deliciousness and a 2.5 for Effort, for an EDR of 3.2. I can’t wait to try the version with chocolate; perhaps some time when I’ll be seeing my younger brother. Thanks to Jasmine of Jasmine Cuisine for a yummy selection. You can find the recipe here on her site and visit the TWD site to see how these turned out for the other bakers.

13 comments:

Cindy said...

I gave these cookies 5 stars!! The chocolate variety is excellent too.

Megan said...

Our mini-pin always stands around in the kitchen waiting for crumbs to fall. I swear, she always has her nose to the ground.

Anyway, I like your list of Things that are Awesome - the only thing missing is chocolate!

Peggy said...

Love your blue plate! These cookies were really good. I love anything peanut butter.

Anonymous said...

They look wonderful! I like them crisp too, but wanted to see what they're like chewy, but I guess I kept baking them too long.

Dogs are eternally hopeful!

Jasmine said...

Glad you enjoyed my pick! When even the dog loves it, you know it's good stuff ; ) Thanks for baking with me this week.

Mimi said...

We really liked these cookies too.
Mimi

Shandy said...

Thank you for all the information, link and wonderful words of support. I needed a direction to help with training. Hubby may not be as excite, yet, but give me time =). Thank you again, Shandy

Cakelaw said...

These cookies were pretty awesome - I'd make them again.

spike. said...

adding pb chips sounds perfect

Tia said...

I like your rating system, but what is the rating out of? 3 out of 10?

Sorry if this is really obvious, but how does the rating scale work...
for EFFORT, lower is better so a lower number on the scale is better,

but for TASTE, a higher number is better, so how do you figure out the final "rating"?

margot said...

@Tia: My very first post explains the Effort to Deliciousness rating, http://efforttodeliciousness.blogspot.com/2008/10/introducing-edr-and-some-apple-desserts.html

I really should do an "about" page to explain it, 'cos it's not really obvious!

Julie said...

These look delicious. I love peanut butter cookies but hardly ever make them.

TeaLady said...

PB cookies are a fave in this house so whenever I make them they don't last long. And these are right up there for tastiness.

Love yours on the blue plate.