Tuesday, November 18, 2008

TWD: Arborio Rice Puddding, White, Black (Or Both)

I was pleased to see this week’s Tuesdays with Dorie recipe was Arborio Rice Pudding for two reasons: 1) I think rice pudding is a very delicious and comforting food; and 2) Making rice pudding is a great way to whittle away my supply of Arborio rice. I bought a jar of it last December to make Giada’s fabulous Champagne Risotto for New Year's Eve, and have used it only one other time.



I was fortunate enough to read the P&Qs on the TWD site right after Dorie herself posted the correction to the recipe (55 minutes cooking time instead of 35!). Mine actually took closer to 90 minutes; I don’t think I had the heat up high enough in fear of scalding the milk. Even after 90 minutes, I thought my pudding still looked a bit thin, but it turned out just fine. I made the half chocolate (though I don’t think I added as much as the recipe called for) and half vanilla, and my boyfriend and I both preferred the chocolate. Mr. Penpen liked the chocolate one so much that I actually almost didn’t get a picture of the finished product; luckily I caught him before he gobbled up the entire bowl.




This recipe was chosen by Isabelle of Les gourmandises d’Isa, and you can find the recipe on her site. To check out everyone else’s ricy creations, go to the TWD blogroll.


1 comment:

Megan said...

Ooh, lucky you that it turned out so well. Mine - not so good. I have the same brand of arborio rice!!